• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ballance01

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Ok, this is kinda long, but I really need help. We are renting a house. Our land lord lives right in front of us and owns some other houses across the lot to the west. There is a gravel road directly to the east, that has a gate on the side of but to the rear of our house. when we were in discussion with the landlord about moving in, he explained that his dad built the house he lived in and later, the one we now rent (he's in his 60's or so now). the road is the property line and there is a woman who lives directly across the road from the land lord, and the property behind the gate belonged to someone else (who died). We were instructed originally to park our cars on the road, with the noses to the gate. It is wide enough for 2 cars to fit there fine, and our landlord was the only person with keys to the gate, besides the dead guys family, and they never used it. The previous tenents did it and the ones before them. Anyway, right after we moved in, someone bought the property. Well, obviously we couldn't block the road, so we started parking in our front yard, well off the road until our landlord could make us a new driveway. well, as soon as the first rain came in, we saw the problem with that. It's hard to go anywhere when your car is stuck in inches of mud and water. Anyways, when it was raining we started parking alongside the road as it is higher ground and we can actually get out. I ALWAYs make sure that i am not obstructing the road in anyway. I don't know what else to do. Well the lady up the road has now been having hissy fits (she doesn't even drive past the house as her driveway is the FIRST one!), and I awoke the other morning to the old man that just bought the property behind us driving stakes along the side of the road. He put one behind me car, which was like 6 ft off the road in my front yard, so I couldn't back out! I removed it from the ground, set it down next to some others, and left. This morning, I was setting out a jug to make sun tea, and there they were, she looked at me and told me that was destruction of private property and I could be arrested for it. Mind you, I didn't like break the big metal pole or anything, just pulled it out of the ground. Can they do that? Blockade me in my yard so I can't leave? What can I do? My landlord has remained silent on the issue even when he came outside this morning and witnessed us arguing. HELP???!!!!

BelizeBreeze

This is an issue between your landlord and the party who purchased the land. You have no legal standing to do anything.

Tell your landlord to get off his butt.

ballance01

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I just talked to this lady, to try and figure anything out, and she has talked to him, and so has my boyfriend, several times, but he still has done nothing.... but tell us he's gonna build a driveway and then put up no parking signs when we park across the lot on land that we know is his.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">