• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L.L.C. income tax prepared w/out partner knowledge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akpkmk

undefinedundefinedWhat is the name of your state?Texas
I am in a L.L.C. with one other person. We both own 50% each. My "partner" had the company 2004 income tax prepared without my knowledge. With the help of my atty. I got a copy of the 1065 & the K1. I have reciepts that were not added and I am not sure how my partner came up with the $$ /numbers posted on the forms. Is it illegal - that she did not inform me when having the co. taxes prepared? Is it illegal - that I was not allowed to veiw the tax before it was filed? what can I do? do I have any options? My atty. does not think it'a a big deal! I feel that it is -I am liable of what was reported - right? HELP!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

tdavidl

i don't think anything was done illegally, sounds like a matter of lack of communication to me which isn't criminal intent.

onto a solution, if you have changes simply file an amended return. if that's too much of a problem....then....

if you incurred expenses that were not paid thru the entity yet were entity related you can always deduct them on your ind t/r aginst the pass-thru income\loss from the entity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">