• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife makes more money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

camomof3

What is the name of your state? CA.
I am currently going through a divorce. I make more money than my husband and I pay all of our bills. I have 3 children and they spend 100% of their time with me. My husband is trying to collect spousal support but there is domestic violence and he is living with another woman and is supporting her and her kids even though she is working. It's been more than a year now and he has not pay a dime. And he also has another child with somebody else and has not paid his child support as well. And now my house is in foreclosure. Can anybody lead me to the right direction?

camomof3

LdiJ

camomof3 said:
What is the name of your state? CA.
I am currently going through a divorce. I make more money than my husband and I pay all of our bills. I have 3 children and they spend 100% of their time with me. My husband is trying to collect spousal support but there is domestic violence and he is living with another woman and is supporting her and her kids even though she is working. It's been more than a year now and he has not pay a dime. And he also has another child with somebody else and has not paid his child support as well. And now my house is in foreclosure. Can anybody lead me to the right direction?

camomof3
I am not sure WHAT to tell you. Any spousal support that he might be able to get (unlikely) would be more than offset by the child support that he would owe for your children.

However, it sounds to me like you need to do whatever you can do to support your children on your own.....when someone is a deadbeat you can't count on child support in your budget. If at all possible don't let the house go to foreclosure...SELL IT before that happens. You don't need the damage to your credit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">