• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mep69

What is the name of your state? Utah
Wife is on disability for over 9 years and when I brought up for her to apply for PASS (Planned Achievement for Self Support) she was not interested in fear of termination of her disability payment/medical. I have since found out that she has made arraignments with her present employer to not pay her past her income cap so that her benefits will not be reduced. She gets compensated (by her employer) by having paid days off in other pay periods and has even received airline tickets from her employer in lieu of being paid. Is this legal? I'm in a position now (since she found out that I know) where I need to protect myself from this fraud (if it is). She now wants a divorce and wants alimony based on her disability and income. Any ideas on protecting myself from her actions? To whom do I report this to? I have recorded conversations (in order to protect myself) between myself and her stating all these facts (I've been told that recording conversations is perfectly legal as long as the person recording is part of the conversation).

Brighid

Well, If you have any evidence to present, call your local social security office. I believe they have a fraud report line.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..but you cannot record a phone conversation without the other person knowing you did so. It cant be held into evidence..at least not in many states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">