• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arraignment Questions...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CuriousInNH

What is the name of your state?New Hampshire is the State of record.

My question regards my wife, who was employed at a large national retailer. She was caught at the close of business, during a random bag check, with approximately $40. worth of clothing that she didn't pay for...
Stupid, yes, but she has no criminal record. She has never done this kind of thing before.
The store security made her write down on a pad of paper, the things she took, then sign the bottom of the paper. No legal documents were signed. No videotape was mentioned.
It has been suggested to me, that at the arraignment, my wife should plead "Not Guilty", then we could maybe talk to the Prosecutor about a plea bargain of a fine or community service.
My wife would like to just plead guilty and be done with it.
What would be the best course of action...?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">