• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contempt time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pamoore

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?AR
My divorce was final 2 years ago - the settlement is still not final due to a "QDRO" and my ex attempting to make good on his promise that I would get nothing. (32 yr marriage) He was court-ordered to pay off my car from his share of the QDRO and to continue making the payments until that time. Also he was to provide insurance on the vehicle. He was also ordered to pay medical bills - which he did 6 months after they went to collection and landed as a black mark on my credit report. Needless to say , I still have no car title, he has not paid insurance, my credit is messed up, etc. Is there a time frame for filing contempt charges? Can a civil suit be filed?

momtooo

There is no time frame for filing contempt charges. But it may take 5 or 6 filings before a judge will look at the case and take action. You can file contempt charges yourself. Most forms for contempt are on the court website along with instruction as to how to fill the forms out. Fill out the forms and take it to the court recorder, pay the filing fee, and get a hearing date.

As far as a civil case. I'm not sure. Call two or three civil attorneys or legal aid for advice.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">