• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wasw i arrested on false pretense??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bomber654

was i arrested on false pretense??

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? kentucky my "girl-friend" held me at gun point when i arrived home, i pulled the rifle from her very hard, causing her to fall. The next day she took herself to the ER saying she was thrown down. The state police came to get a statement. She says she didn't press charges and wouldn't give my name, but, her 15 yr old daughter did give the officer my name. My girl-friend did not release any medical records to the police or anyone else. Consequently, i was arrested at my home the next day with an arrest warrant. I was out-side my home when the police came, they hand-cuffed me and then took me inside my home, searched my home and found 3 more class D fellony charges. I gave no consent to search, they had no search warrant. When arraigned, the judge told me of her broken collarbone and of her needing a 3 hour surgery to repair it, but no medical records were released. can i get out of this??????????????????????

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

bomber654 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? kentucky my "girl-friend" held me at gun point when i arrived home, i pulled the rifle from her very hard, causing her to fall. The next day she took herself to the ER saying she was thrown down. The state police came to get a statement. She says she didn't press charges and wouldn't give my name, but, her 15 yr old daughter did give the officer my name. My girl-friend did not release any medical records to the police or anyone else. Consequently, i was arrested at my home the next day with an arrest warrant. I was out-side my home when the police came, they hand-cuffed me and then took me inside my home, searched my home and found 3 more class D fellony charges. I gave no consent to search, they had no search warrant. When arraigned, the judge told me of her broken collarbone and of her needing a 3 hour surgery to repair it, but no medical records were released. can i get out of this??????????????????????
Q: can i get out of this?

A: What are your defenses?

S

seniorjudge

Q: i want to know, if any, my defenses. do i have any?

A: I can't see any defenses in anything you have posted so far.

bomber654

this incident occured on a friday afternoon. saturday nightpolice came to arrest me, i wasn't home, they went to my parents home told them they wanted to talk to me. sunday morn around 10 am i called a dispatch number they left my father for me to call when he seen me. i called, asked what it was i could do, she didn't know, i left my #. the officers that came were already off duty she said,,,, so, by me showing i was trying to comply/help them, and they had only an arrest warrant,NOT a search warrant, can the search be "thrown out" along with the resulting charges it produced??? Also, how did the district judge, at arraignment, "know" about my girlfriend's "medical condition" when she refused to sign any medical release forms or give the police anyother information to prosecute me with??? her 15 yr old "minor" did w/out her mother's consent, and the 15 yr old wasn't a witt, shewasn't there when all this happened, she went to the hospital w/ her mother the next day. Any advice?????????

S

seniorjudge

bomber654 said:
this incident occured on a friday afternoon. saturday nightpolice came to arrest me, i wasn't home, they went to my parents home told them they wanted to talk to me. sunday morn around 10 am i called a dispatch number they left my father for me to call when he seen me. i called, asked what it was i could do, she didn't know, i left my #. the officers that came were already off duty she said,,,, so, by me showing i was trying to comply/help them, and they had only an arrest warrant,NOT a search warrant, can the search be "thrown out" along with the resulting charges it produced??? Also, how did the district judge, at arraignment, "know" about my girlfriend's "medical condition" when she refused to sign any medical release forms or give the police anyother information to prosecute me with??? her 15 yr old "minor" did w/out her mother's consent, and the 15 yr old wasn't a witt, shewasn't there when all this happened, she went to the hospital w/ her mother the next day. Any advice?????????
Q: Any advice?

A: Hire a lawyer.

F

Fat Tony

When all this was going on in your home, the house didnt shift all the weight to one axle to and "pop a wheelie"?

bomber654

I am hiring an attorney. i don't think a pub. deffender will do as well as one already under their own shingle. There is a possibility of a PFO :eek: What do you know about the release of med records???? since Ky. is a commenwealth state the girlfriend doesn't have to press any charges, the state can ( and have) but the state cannot prosecute me w/out a witt. She may be charged with contempt, but the assault charge will be dead. now the other charges are a different story. any views on that subsequent search?????

conflix

bomber654 said:
can i get out of this??????????????????????
Brother, you blew your shot at getting out of it when you did not call the police immediately after she menaced you, causing you to use reasonable force to terminate the threat she posed to your life.

I'm not sure about the search of your house. After thay arrested you outside your home, did you need to go insode to put some clothes on or for some other reason?

The way you describe the situation, it sounds like the cops may have overstepped the boundary. Pursuant to an arrest warrant, if they arrest you inside your home they can search the lung-able area of your home where they arrest you...and they can take action for contraband visible in plain sight. Yet I don't think they can be searching your entire house based on a simple arrest warrant.

Brother, looks like you gots problems. And if those other felonies you were arrested for involve illegal weapons or drugs, I hope the attorney you hire is as effective as the team of prosecutors who went after OJ.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">