• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

SHERSNOVA2 said:
HOW MANY TIMES IN ONE DAY CAN PROBATION SEARCH YOUR HOME?
As often as necessary.

The search cannot be done to "harass" but can be done even without reasonable suspicion to believe you have committed a crime. If they receive information of wrongdoing, they can return each time ... however, it may appear as harassment unless they can document some of the reasons.

CA has the most stringent probation conditions in the nation - even according to the USSC.

If you feel you were wronged or are being harassed, contact an attorney or complain to the searching agency.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

CdwJava said:
As often as necessary.

The search cannot be done to "harass" but can be done even without reasonable suspicion to believe you have committed a crime. If they receive information of wrongdoing, they can return each time ... however, it may appear as harassment unless they can document some of the reasons.

CA has the most stringent probation conditions in the nation - even according to the USSC.

If you feel you were wronged or are being harassed, contact an attorney or complain to the searching agency.

- Carl
...Agreed....

SHERSNOVA2

probation search

On 3-18-05, The Probation Dept. Showed Up At 7:15pm They Did A Search, Then At 7:35 8 Differant Probation Officers Came In, They Said That They Didn't Have Any Documentation Of The Other Search.
Does This Sound Right Or Could This Be Considered Harassment?
Oakdale,ca

S

seniorjudge

SHERSNOVA2 said:
On 3-18-05, The Probation Dept. Showed Up At 7:15pm They Did A Search, Then At 7:35 8 Differant Probation Officers Came In, They Said That They Didn't Have Any Documentation Of The Other Search.
Oakdale,ca
Q: Does This Sound Right Or Could This Be Considered Harassment?

A: Sounds like a bureaucratic screw up, not harassment.

SHERSNOVA2 said:
Oakdale,ca
Wow, 20 minutes apart! That was a quick search. Sounds like someone got some duplicate paperwork or they really, really want you. A shot in the dark here. Hmmm, Oakdale.....did it have something to do with meth?

And Judgy, you'd come so far. I remember you're one or two word answers in the beginning. I was kinda thinkin' "this guy's trying to build up his post count". Then you went and got all them admirers and really started to let your hair down with 2 or 3 sentences (or paragraphs). You have such insight, please don't revert to those one word answers. At least "Carl, I couldn't agree with you more. What would you like in your coffee?" :D

Last edited:
S

seniorjudge

tryingtoplease said:
Wow, 20 minutes apart! That was a quick search. Sounds like someone got some duplicate paperwork or they really, really want you. A shot in the dark here. Hmmm, Oakdale.....did it have something to do with meth?

And Judgy, you'd come so far. I remember you're one or two work answers in the beginning. I was kinda thinkin' "this guy's trying to build up his post count". Then you went and got all them admirers and really started to let your hair down with 2 or 3 sentences (or paragraphs). You have such insight, please don't revert to those one word answers. At least "Carl, I couldn't agree with you more. What would you like in your coffee?" :D
....ok....

S

seniorjudge

Q: Did you have the same when you were a presiding judge?

A: Yes. The more I let people talk, then asked them politely what they meant, the further they dug the hole themselves. It's a great technique, but most people can't shut up long enough to listen.

CdwJava

SHERSNOVA2 said:
Oakdale,ca
This sounds like a SNAFU and a timing problem (someone showed up early). If they came back three or four more times, I'd be really concerned. But given the fact set you provided, I don't see ANY problem.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">