• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI and dependants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Missouri, Disable individual lives in Indiana

We recently found out that my step-son's biomom is receiving disability. Since my husband and I have custody we inquired about SS receiving dissability due to his mom's claim. We were advised that because she is receiving the full amount there isn't any more left over for children. I have looked around for info regarding this and my understanding is that they get the family allotment amount based on how many how many children she has. (please correct me if I'm wrong.) If that is the case would it make a difference that biomom has another child that lives with his father. I didn't think to mention that when I called to find out about filing for SS. Would that make a difference if there in the amount allotted for the family if they take into consideration that there is another child in the picture?

I would appreciate any feedback anyone could give. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">