• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irisha

What is the name of your state? NY
can i get a help from lawyer for free
i can not afford to pay for my child support case

VeronicaGia

irisha said:
What is the name of your state? NY
can i get a help from lawyer for free
i can not afford to pay for my child support case
You can try legal aid, the NY bar association, and anywhere else they have free or low cost legal assitance. However, there's no guarantee.

BL

Unless you are a women with children ( I had to include that ) , and are a victim of domestic violence , Free services won't help in child support cases .

They will , if you qualify , represent you in Custody/Visitation issues .

Sometimes , depending on the issues surrounding the support , you can use those findings to fight support issues .

As was stated there are Law firms that charge on ( a portion ) of what your income is , or you could call around to see if a Lawyer will represent you pro bono , but again unless you are female and a victim of domestic violence , Lawyers do not usually take Child Support cases for free .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">