• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

have you ever heard of such,..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nc female 39

What is the name of your state?north carolina

hi :) ,
today my husband took my lexus to a small garage for them to place the piece they stated per there computer was causing the service engine light to come on,..we payed yesterday the 31.00 they requested to run the test,..
my husband called and advised me that another man there stated that they could not repair it because it was not the part as they thought( mind you that this is what they stated the computer stated was wrong). i spoke with a gentleman there when my husband handed him the phone and asked for a refund or the printout that showed from the computer diagnostics,..advised the gentleman i was on my way for the info.
when i arrived , my husband came out and stated the gentleman refused to return the money or to give proof he actually placed the car on the computer,..then the gentleman came outside and stated that he was not going to provide either.
i called the police and advised them that i needed an officer to come to the shop. andvised the police that i needed a report so i could file it with better business bureou.
gentleman came back out and he told me to take him to court and have my lawyer contact them,..i advised i was not pleased with this and that i was going to report him to the bbb,..another man power walked down to us and was yelling hold,..hold,..hold then i placed my hand up with my palm facing him because i did not know who he was and why he was involved,..he stated he was tired of this *hit and slaped my hand down ,..my hand struck my other hand and my keys flew back approx 5ft,..
i then called the police again and requested that they come ,..he had assaulted me,..the police came and he advised them that he wished for me to leave his business and stated that i showed him my keys and attempted to poke him in the face with them,..the officer advised me that he doesn't wish for us to come again(which was fine with me),...
the car was still missing a screw that they had not put on so the officer waited with us for them to fix the screw,..we then left.
we went to the magistrates office and he was there,..he took out a warrent for simple assault and the warrent states that i showed him my keys then attempted to poke him with them,...also he took out a warrent for trespassing,..mind you that the officer advised us at the scene that we are not to come here again,..and we requested that he not come to our home.
the maggistrate advised me that tomorrow i can come and charge him with simple assault and damaging personal property. he just gave me a summons and told me that the da will more then likely throw it out,..
what do i have to look forward to happening and can you believe this,...lol,..all because i requested a copy of the diagnostics or my money back,..what do you advise i do now?

p.s.
i called the bbb and they advised that there was another complaint against this business less then 3 yrs ago,..i have made no move yet

BelizeBreeze

Welcome to the world of "Stupid Human Tricks". You BOTH were idiots waiting for an accident. You, for confronting this jerk without proof and for leaving his place of business in the first place without documentation of the repairs made AND for paying before the work was done and him for filing a false police report.

File against him then watch as the judge and da ream BOTH of you out for wasting their time.

And by the way, the BBB has nothing to say about this. They have absolutely NO legal standing. You should have taken the care IMMEDIATELY to a master mechanic for inspection and a complete diagnostic of the supposed repairs. Then you may have had proof of fraud.

As it stands now, you have nothing.

S

seniorjudge

nc female 39 said:
What is the name of your state?north carolina

hi :) ,
today my husband took my lexus to a small garage for them to place the piece they stated per there computer was causing the service engine light to come on,..we payed yesterday the 31.00 they requested to run the test,..
my husband called and advised me that another man there stated that they could not repair it because it was not the part as they thought( mind you that this is what they stated the computer stated was wrong). i spoke with a gentleman there when my husband handed him the phone and asked for a refund or the printout that showed from the computer diagnostics,..advised the gentleman i was on my way for the info.
when i arrived , my husband came out and stated the gentleman refused to return the money or to give proof he actually placed the car on the computer,..then the gentleman came outside and stated that he was not going to provide either.
i called the police and advised them that i needed an officer to come to the shop. andvised the police that i needed a report so i could file it with better business bureou.
gentleman came back out and he told me to take him to court and have my lawyer contact them,..i advised i was not pleased with this and that i was going to report him to the bbb,..another man power walked down to us and was yelling hold,..hold,..hold then i placed my hand up with my palm facing him because i did not know who he was and why he was involved,..he stated he was tired of this *hit and slaped my hand down ,..my hand struck my other hand and my keys flew back approx 5ft,..
i then called the police again and requested that they come ,..he had assaulted me,..the police came and he advised them that he wished for me to leave his business and stated that i showed him my keys and attempted to poke him in the face with them,..the officer advised me that he doesn't wish for us to come again(which was fine with me),...
the car was still missing a screw that they had not put on so the officer waited with us for them to fix the screw,..we then left.
we went to the magistrates office and he was there,..he took out a warrent for simple assault and the warrent states that i showed him my keys then attempted to poke him with them,...also he took out a warrent for trespassing,..mind you that the officer advised us at the scene that we are not to come here again,..and we requested that he not come to our home.
the maggistrate advised me that tomorrow i can come and charge him with simple assault and damaging personal property. he just gave me a summons and told me that the da will more then likely throw it out,..
what do i have to look forward to happening and can you believe this,...lol,..all because i requested a copy of the diagnostics or my money back,..what do you advise i do now?

p.s.
i called the bbb and they advised that there was another complaint against this business less then 3 yrs ago,..i have made no move yet

Q: what do you advise i do now?

A: Hope that the DA throws out the charges against you.

nc female 39

seniorjudge said:
Q: what do you advise i do now?

A: Hope that the DA throws out the charges against you.
senior judge,..sir,..i have never been introuble for anything and i am 39 yrs old,...do you think i was advised correctly by the magistrate to take out charges tomorrow?
i spoke a few moments ago with a friend of our family who is a circuit judge from my home county and he told me not to worry,..he stated that this was a frivalis summons and to just go to court with my witness,..he also gave me advise on persueing the warrent on the gentleman who struck me,..

F

Fat Tony

They're going to throw out his charges against you as well as any charges you may bring against him. This was a complete civil matter to begin with, and you never should have called the police. As Belize said, the BBB has no power or authority whatsoever, they are the biggest scam out there. They will recommend a business as long as you purchase a membership. I had a call from them once for a cleaning company I own. The first part of the conversation was the lady telling me that such and such had filed a complaint against me. They asked for my contact info so that they could have me "on file". She said to me over the phone that this could be resolved a lot easier if I was a "member", and wouldnt you know it, I got a membership package and application in the mail less than a week later. Its a scam. You call and complain aboput the business, they then contact that business to try to sell them a membership. The business buys a membership, complaints dont stick. The business doesnt, complaints pile up. The worst part is that they use senior citizens and other volunteers to work their phone lines and do research so that they dont pay their employees. You really think a business did you wrong, complain to your states attorney general office. Now, as my good friend Jet will soon point out to me "Attorneys General do not sit around and wait on individual consumer complaints". This is true, however in most cases, they will make a phone call and send a letter to the business in question (at least in every state Ive ever done business in), and if this business is really in the wrong, they have legal power and authority over them, not the scam BBB.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">