• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interview/job title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mildog

What is the name of your state? IN

Last year I interviewed for a high level postion in california. After interviewing, and being told that I was the man for the job over the course of 3 weeks I was told that they had decided to reduce the position and hire 2 people instead of just myself for the higher level position. Is there legality here? I was lead to believe that this position was extremely important in the future of this job, as well I was lead to believe that the position may result in a higher position than the level they indicated. Any insight would be great.

Thanks

BelizeBreeze

mildog said:
What is the name of your state? IN

Last year I interviewed for a high level postion in california. After interviewing, and being told that I was the man for the job over the course of 3 weeks I was told that they had decided to reduce the position and hire 2 people instead of just myself for the higher level position. Is there legality here?
Thanks
Of course there was legality here. The company had the legal right to do as they pleased, even if that meant splitting the responsibilities of one job into two.

What do YOU think you have here?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sometimes things happen that change business needs. Since you don't mention having signed any kind of a contract guaranteeing you employment for any length of time, the employer acted absolutely legally.

You do not have a "right" to any given job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">