• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil liberties and Harassment by Gov't office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PDJ66

What is the name of your state? KY

The following is true and ongoing. I am very ready to contact the DOJ, as there HAS to be civil liberties violated to the extreme. I was tried for a crime of burg, in 2003. There was also an adult man with 4 others involved...BUT,
I am the only one who served nearly 180 days, the adult male was given, 45 days, they stated because I was older than him. The restitution was set...equal amounts to be paid by all in 2003. Then a court order was entered this year for me to pay 1100 dollars more than anyone else. They have now issued another court order for me to appear, (this case is closed) in court again. The commonwealth states the plantiffs want more money, above what was turned in to the sheriffs office at the time of the offence. ONLY me. Come on, is it because I am female?

SOMEONE, take this case, I will file a civil suit given the first chance. THere is no end to this nightmare.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are looking for an attorney to see your post and take your case, you're in the wrong place. This is not an attorney referral service, and reputable attorneys do not troll these boards looking for clients.

If you are looking for a lawyer, look at the top of the screen. There you will see a link to a portion of the board where you can locate an attorney in your area.

S

seniorjudge

cbg said:
If you are looking for an attorney to see your post and take your case, you're in the wrong place. This is not an attorney referral service, and reputable attorneys do not troll these boards looking for clients.

If you are looking for a lawyer, look at the top of the screen. There you will see a link to a portion of the board where you can locate an attorney in your area.
OP, it looks like you let your time for appeal, etc. to expire.

If you do find a lawyer, he/she will probably want a ton of money up front because (from your statement of the facts) it doesn't look like you can do much.

PDJ66

not looking for attorney..

cbg said:

NO this is a question, is it something...or is it just take it, this is how the world works. that is all. I just thought I might be in a place where someone could understand the outright injustice we are enduring...sorry I was wrong.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Hey, I'm not Dear Abby. I was trying to offer some constructive help by pointing you to a place where you could maybe find some legal assistance. Next time I won't bother.

CdwJava

Unless you can prove that the ONLY reason you were given a harsher punishment was because of your gender as you seem to imply, you have no case. The courts CAN - and often do - sentence co-defendants to different punishments. It all depends on the guidelines they have to operate under.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">