• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RIF rules for reemployment ignored

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kateartlady

What is the name of your state?South Carolina
I am a state employee for school district that gave me a RIF , due to lack of funds, and the Board policy stating
that within two years of letter I would be given first dibbs when my aRT position was offered again. This has not happened, becuase the school is advertising this position again. I spoke with Personel and basically got nowhere, other that comments about my health, ability to work again and the amount of $ that my worlker's comp case had cost them.. BEEN INJURED DEC, 02 AND RETURNED MAR 03 FULLTIME TO WORK,RE'CD rif LETTER mAY 903 AFter last day of school. I am now very suspect about the original RIF (ill will, etc.,) I now belie that the district let me go without SchoolBoard approval, (even though my letter about RIF states that they all met and decicedogether) I have since heard`from several reputable peopl involved that the board was not in the decision makingfor my RIF AND THAT KNOWLEDGE OF THE rif ACTION WASN'T EVEN KNOWN UNTIL the board chairperson REC'D THE SAME COPY OF LETTER SENT TO ME. What are my rights at this point in time?
I have suffered great financially, as well as emotionally, and it has been difficult to find another art position and I just want my old job back. Do I have any recourse?
please excuse errors....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">