• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amended Federal And Ca State Returns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krishmeena

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Hi, I received a corrected W2 after I filed both federal and state returns efile.
HOWEVER, the change in W2 pertains to increase in CA SDI amount from $81 to $812 which doesnt result in any change in my adjusted gross income or tax due.... as I am claiming standard deduction which is way above itemized.
As the revised CA SDI has no bearing in tax or income, several people say I dont have to file an amended return.

But, I need a legal person to confirm that. Could someone assist?
Thanks, Krish

LdiJ

krishmeena said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Hi, I received a corrected W2 after I filed both federal and state returns efile.
HOWEVER, the change in W2 pertains to increase in CA SDI amount from $81 to $812 which doesnt result in any change in my adjusted gross income or tax due.... as I am claiming standard deduction which is way above itemized.
As the revised CA SDI has no bearing in tax or income, several people say I dont have to file an amended return.

But, I need a legal person to confirm that. Could someone assist?
Thanks, Krish
If I understood you correctly then none of the numbers on your actual return will change...only numbers on your W2. Therefore no, there would be no reason for you to amend your return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">