• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

safronsky

What is the name of your state? New York. I live in a semi-attached house. The backyard fence that splits the house is falling apart. I want to know how do I find out if it belongs to them or me, or shared? I noticed that the backside of the fence is facing me, they see the face of the fence. Could this be the determining factor? Do you know of other signs I should look for to determine ownership?

S

seniorjudge

safronsky said:
What is the name of your state? New York. I live in a semi-attached house. The backyard fence that splits the house is falling apart. I want to know how do I find out if it belongs to them or me, or shared? I noticed that the backside of the fence is facing me, they see the face of the fence. Could this be the determining factor? Do you know of other signs I should look for to determine ownership?
What's a "semi-attached house"?

Q: I want to know how do I find out if it belongs to them or me, or shared?

A: Does it say on your deed?

Q: I noticed that the backside of the fence is facing me, they see the face of the fence. Could this be the determining factor?

A: Possible.

Q: Do you know of other signs I should look for to determine ownership?

A: Yes, look for a sign that says, "This fence owned by [name of owner]."

safronsky

"semi-attached house" is a house that is attached on one side.

I looked all over the deed and it doesn't mention the fence.

S

seniorjudge

safronsky said:
"semi-attached house" is a house that is attached on one side.

I looked all over the deed and it doesn't mention the fence.
Q: What is a "semi-attached house" is a house that is attached on one side attached to?

Shel77

So your house is attached to your neighbors house? Is this the neighbor you share the fence with? Do you have a property line or do you share the property with the attached house? If you have a property line near the fence just figure out whos property the fence is on thats who it belongs to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">