• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Janiree

What is the name of your state? Washington[/B][/LEFT]
I have lived in my home for 13 years and have put up with the neighbors across the street from me-but now I've HAD it! I have asked them please to clean up their front yard as I'm putting my house up for sale. They have 4 broken down cars-one in the middle of the yard. Also a trailer full of junk in the middle of the yard.The garage door is held open with ladders. The vertical blinds inside look like a tornado went through the house and the blankets hanging in the other window are nasty. :eek: The city has notified them twice by mail and once by phone to clean it up or they'll start to get fined daily. What I want to know is can I sue (or threaten to) because I've had to reduce the selling price of my home by $10,000.-because of the view from my living room. Any help would be appreciated. I'm afraid I'll be stuck here forever because of them. :(

BelizeBreeze

It's none of your business and you have no legal recourse against the neighbors. This is a matter between them and the city.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">