• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emtgal72355

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I have a friend that is racking his brain over his divorce. In the divorce decree it stated that he would assume financial responsibility for outstanding credit cards, sears, etc in lieu of support, maintenance, and alimony. Now he has went from a good paying job to a lesser paying job and she wants more money, which means they are going to take it out of his check. My question is: What are his rights when he no longer makes the money he once did and can they raise the support amount? Please any answers will be appreciated and i will accept emails from others on this issue. Thank you very much.

BL

emtgal72355 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I have a friend that is racking his brain over his divorce. In the divorce decree it stated that he would assume financial responsibility for outstanding credit cards, sears, etc in lieu of support, maintenance, and alimony. Now he has went from a good paying job to a lesser paying job and she wants more money, which means they are going to take it out of his check. My question is: What are his rights when he no longer makes the money he once did and can they raise the support amount? Please any answers will be appreciated and i will accept emails from others on this issue. Thank you very much.
I don't see where the Friend works , or what his income is makes a difference .

The Friend assumed responsibility for the debts .

Where does financial support come in , or the threat of garnishing wages , except for civil claims award maybe .

The Friend should consult a Family Law Attorney , and credit counseling .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">