• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired while on hospital leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usbs

What is the name of your state? new jersey
i had a job working in a restaurant. i was involved in an accident and was given 2 weeks hospital leave. i was informed a week into the recommended hospital leave that i was fired what can i do about this problem? and were they allowed to do this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Somehow or other, a great many people have gotten it into their heads that they cannot be fired while on medical leave, no matter what. That is not true. In a great many circumstances, they can be. But you have not supplied anywhere near enough information to say what circumstances apply in your case.

To answer your question, we need to know the following:

1.) What reason was given for your termination?
2.) How long had you worked for that employer?
3.) Does your employer have at least 50 employees within 75 miles of your location?
4.) Did you work at least 1,250 hours in the last 12 months?
5.) In the previous 12 months, how much time did you miss for medical reasons?

Beth3

i had a job working in a restaurant. i was involved in an accident and was given 2 weeks hospital leave.

And also, was this an accident that happened in the course of your job? In other words, is this worker's compensation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">