• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Overpayment requests?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SonPoi6

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I recently requested a waiver from the Social Security Administration on the grounds that I was a minor at the time social secuirty benefits were received. My father made more than what the social security administration allows, so he has to pay back the overpayment. My sister and I were obviously minors at the time and she has a dependant so they waived her overpayment. But, I've just found out that they denied my request. I'm going to appeal it again. I'm wondering if there is any law or someone I can contact for help with this situation? :confused:

BL

SonPoi6 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

I recently requested a waiver from the Social Security Administration on the grounds that I was a minor at the time social secuirty benefits were received. My father made more than what the social security administration allows, so he has to pay back the overpayment. My sister and I were obviously minors at the time and she has a dependant so they waived her overpayment. But, I've just found out that they denied my request. I'm going to appeal it again. I'm wondering if there is any law or someone I can contact for help with this situation? :confused:
If your father has to pay it back , isn't he ?

Would the repayment they are seeking from you cause hardship ?

There are choices on the waiver form . If it would cause hardship on you , you should check it , also noting it was no fault of your own .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">