• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beth, your answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? confusion
I didn't see the post on religion in the workplace in colorado soon enough to respond to your question before it was closed.

As I read the State EEOC rulings, while it is not illegal to hold religious meetings and/or events in Colorado, it cannot be a condition of employment or change in employment circumstances, much like the federal law.

The state rulings also require the employee to inform his supervisor (in this case boss) that he does not feel comfortable in such an event. It is at that time that the matter, between supervisor and employee must cease.

Without notice, colorado allows no action.
In this case, because others have signed or been asked to sign the 'at will' notification, I can only conclude that the two actions are not related. Still, the poster needs to adivse the employer of his feelings about the meetings and his desire not to attend. Once that happens, the employer is 'noticed' and if such pressure to attend continues, a case can be filed for hostile work environment in Colorado.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
BB, just gotta comment on your tag line.

:) :) :) :)

Looks like Beth has had more of an affect on you than we thought!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">