• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Admissible in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimnotsodandy

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am currently going though a divorce and my wife is extremely vengeful. She was thrown in jail a few weeks ago for Domestic Violence against me; the courts lowered the charges from Burglary and Domestic Violence (a Felony in FL) to Trespassing and Battery (a Class 1 Misdemeanor). She has become friends with a woman who has a rap sheet in AZ for distributing/possession of drugs and burglary (just to name a few), just a very bad apple all around. Anyway since my wife has been hanging with this woman and her husband things are getting worse.

I found out (very reliable source) that my wife has taken my computer (the one the whole family uses) to their house. He apparently is a computer hacker and is or has broken into my account (I have Win XP with a password protected account) and is “searching” for anything incriminating. Now I’m not worried that he will find anything illegal, however, since he’s a hack I’m worried he may fake things and plant evidence because he’s pissed off that I planned on discrediting his wife’s testimony because of her past record. Since he is a hacker, faking logs, inserting pictures and all around in general tampering with my system etc. would be easy for him. I am worried he may be doing this as a way to have me incarcerated.

My question, since he does NOT work for law enforcement, since I did NOT give him my password or permission to access MY account on MY computer (although my wife may have), and since he IS a hacker, can anything that is “discovered” be admissible in court?

And two, is there any legal action I can take against him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">