• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jengland

What is the name of your state?- PA

My roommate was given a disrderly conduct one night near the end of a party. Everyone had been relatively quiet, and the majority of the people in our apartment complex were attending our party.
Late in the night, around 2am we noticed the police outside. there were a pair of officers just hanging around the downstairs of our 2 story, townhome style apartment complex.
The officers were downstairs for approximately 10 to 15 mintutes before another one of my roommates came inside off of the balcony after smoking a cigarette. Before entering our apartment, the roommate looked one last time toward the officers, making direct eye contact.
Not more than 5 minutes later the officers were at our door.
Because everyone was of age, and most of the guests were neightbors, we beleived we had done nothing wrong and allowed the officers to enter our apartment.
The officers started by accusing us of throwing a broken lawn chair off of our balcony. None of us living at the apartment did this, and we let the officers know this.
After denying our guilt the officer replied with "I know none of you through it but since i am here someone has to be written up."
A citation was given to my roommate who had just turned 21. The citation claims that my roomate was throwing projectile missiles.
There were no witnesses to anyone throwing the said chair, and just about 1 out of 5 balconies at our complex has these identical lawn chairs. Same color too.
The court date is today, so this is a little late, but isn'yt this unjust? If the party was under control, was not causing a disturbance, and there is no way of knowing where the chair even came from, how can we be charged?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">