• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Choked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andreae

What is the name of your state?
New York....
I recently choked while eating nachos at a large chain. After receiving the Heimlich maneuver, I coughed up food along with a piece of plastic, that appeared to be the corner of a stiff clear plastic bag. The manager, along with most of the staff and what seemed like everyone in the place watched as I struggled. The Manager was one of the one the first people to notice the plastic. I still could not breath properly and was voimting and taken by ambulance to a local hospital. After having tube put through my nose into my throat, and having chest x-rays, it was determind that I expelled everything that was blocking my airway and sent home after 6 hours with a very sore throat and ribs with instructions to not eat anything solid for a few days and return to a DR. if I continued to be sore. Any advise ? It's been 4 days..my throat is still sore but healing, but I'm pretty shook up over the whole thing...

Last edited:

andreae

The manager handed my son the plastic...I have it...I have also wondered why I didn't notce it before I swallowed..the only thing I can assume is because it was nachos and the chips were crunchy that perhaps it blended in with the texture of the chip, or maybe it was laying flat on the chip. The piece is about a 1" corner or triangle...

jity

You might get your medical bill paid for. If you’re looking for more (pain and suffering) you have to prove negligence on the company – You should seek the advice of an attorney, but you really do not have any REAL damages. Your claim is extremely complicated and it is extremely doubtful that your will receive anything to brag about. For all I know you put the plastic on your plate and choked on it, and if you make it to trial, you will hear this again. You have to prove – not them.

ENASNI

Jeesh

There is an echo in here...
How many times are you going to post this question Andrea...till you are told you can get a million dollars..

Nacho day.. chica...
sorry.

Probably recover your medical bills...
maybe...

andreae

I re-posted this to a different area of this site, because I wasn't getting a lot of response and thought that perhaps I was in the wrong area..sorry.

I appreciate the advise/comments that I have recieved...thank you...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">