• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motor vehicle interstate sales tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

airforce21one

What is the name of your state? WY

i leased a vehicle from honda of america through a nebraska dealership in 2001. im stationed in wyoming, however my official state of residence is wisconsin. i took out a loan from a wyoming bank to buy out the lease so i could sell the car. the car is registered in wisconsin, however the state of wyoming says that i have to pay sales tax on the lease buyout even though technically i bought the vehicle from honda of america, which is located in texas. do i have to pay sales tax in wyoming even if i already paid sales tax in nebraska, and i didnt buy the vehicle in wyoming? thanks, dan

Snipes5

Post your question in the Military Law forum. Tell them we sent you so you don't get yelled at for double posting.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">