• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violent Grandmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AJ'sMom

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My daughter's grandmother on her father's side has a
problem with me because I said she is not allowed to see
my daughter. I said this because she gets drunk and is
violent. And sometimes she doesn't have to get drunk and
will just get upset over the smallest thing, and get
violent. She never had a positive relationship with her
own children, and always put her relationships before her
own kids, and also made promises to them and didn't keep
them. I am tring to avoid this for my daughter. I don't
want her growing up around someone like that, because I
don't want her to think that is how people are suppose to
do. My daughter's father has no backbone and will not
stand up to his mother. He and I are not together. His
mother has been disrespectful to me, she has called my
house calling me all type of names just because. Despite
how she is, I have not one time been disrespectful back.
My daughter's dad lives with his mother, and I am not
allowed to call their house in regards to our child. When
I ask him about it, his response is he has nothing to do
with it. I am afraid that he will take my child around his
mother even though he knows how I feel. Does she have any
legal rights to my child, and is there a way that I can
request that when he is given visitation rights, that my
child can't come in contact with his mother.

B

bradybunchmom

grandma is a real bitch

his mom has no legal rights to your daughter. talk to the judge when you go to court, and tell him/her about grandma's vindictive behavior, and request that she not be allowed to be around the child. and tell grandma if she calls you again and badmouths you, you will get a restraining order for harrassment against her. you do not have to put up with that kind of behavior, and your daughter diesnt need to hear it, either. tell the father to grow up and tell his mom if she cant say anything nice about the mother of her granddaughter, then keep her mouth shut.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Dad is, however, permitted to bring the child around grandma if he so chooses. The best you'll be able to do is have the judge remind Dad that noone is to badmouth you in front of the kid.

AJ'sMom

stealth2 said:
Dad is, however, permitted to bring the child around grandma if he so chooses. The best you'll be able to do is have the judge remind Dad that noone is to badmouth you in front of the kid.
Thank You so much for your advice!

AJ'sMom

bradybunchmom said:
his mom has no legal rights to your daughter. talk to the judge when you go to court, and tell him/her about grandma's vindictive behavior, and request that she not be allowed to be around the child. and tell grandma if she calls you again and badmouths you, you will get a restraining order for harrassment against her. you do not have to put up with that kind of behavior, and your daughter diesnt need to hear it, either. tell the father to grow up and tell his mom if she cant say anything nice about the mother of her granddaughter, then keep her mouth shut.

Thank You so much because matters have gotten worse and I was not sure what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">