• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

townhouse fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tharo

What is the name of your state?south carolina.

A townhouse neighbors fence is adjacent to my fence and attached to my townhouse and entirely on my property. Rencently she complained, bitterly, that a planter that is against my fence was blocking air flow to her fence and causing it to rot. I told her that I didn't see how she could expect me to remove my brick planter that had been there many years because her wooden fence boards were rotting faster in that area.
To cut to the chase, I ended up telling her to move her fence onto her own property which would solve her problem. She told me that the fence was there when she bought her townhouse and it was going to stay there. Can I force her to move her fence?

S

seniorjudge

tharo said:
What is the name of your state?south carolina.

A townhouse neighbors fence is adjacent to my fence and attached to my townhouse and entirely on my property. Rencently she complained, bitterly, that a planter that is against my fence was blocking air flow to her fence and causing it to rot. I told her that I didn't see how she could expect me to remove my brick planter that had been there many years because her wooden fence boards were rotting faster in that area.
To cut to the chase, I ended up telling her to move her fence onto her own property which would solve her problem. She told me that the fence was there when she bought her townhouse and it was going to stay there. Can I force her to move her fence?
Q: Can I force her to move her fence?

A: It's not her fence if it is on your property. Tear it down if you like.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">