• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaclyn33

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio
I just picked up my certified mail from the post office. My X is claiming to make 12 grand a year now, (used to make 60-100 grand a yr until the divorce)
and has hired an attorney to modify the support he owes me. It's part alimony and part child support. I had to fight hard for what I was entitled to in the divorce, and since the day of the divorce he's not paid me anything.(Over a year ago)He's claiming self employment. Pleeeasse tell me that he won't get away w/ modifying the support he owes me at this hearing!? He will look like a joke right? I would think that the judge would see right through him! I have all kinds of documents showing that he is capable of earning way more than 12 grand a year! I think you can work for McDonalds and make more than that!!

Fl Cat7

I don't know about Ohio but I'm in Florida and my ex tries a downward mod aleast once a year due to "medical problems" (but since he never pays I don't know why he bothers) and they always tell him until he has medical documention that he can not work his support stands. Voluntary under employment has only made him look bad in the courts eyes.
Good luck Cat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">