• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cutemama_2104

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My sons grandfather molested my daughter. He is getting away with it because
he refused to take a polygraph test and there is not enough to take to trial. The abuse was indicated by Children and Youth Services. Now he is taking me to court for custody and visitation for my son. I have read some things on grandparents rights that say he has to prove that harm will occur if there is an absence of visitation from the grandparent. Harm will only occur if he gets visitation he is asking from friday to sunday night. Please give me some advice on what to do.

BelizeBreeze

cutemama_2104 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My sons grandfather molested my daughter. He is getting away with it because
he refused to take a polygraph test and there is not enough to take to trial. The abuse was indicated by Children and Youth Services. Now he is taking me to court for custody and visitation for my son. I have read some things on grandparents rights that say he has to prove that harm will occur if there is an absence of visitation from the grandparent. Harm will only occur if he gets visitation he is asking from friday to sunday night. Please give me some advice on what to do.
Tell gramps to kiss your ass. It will be a cold day in hell before he ever sees that child again. And if he doesn't like that, he can sue for visitation. He'll be surprised that he is full of crap.

LdiJ

You got good advice from Belize....however in a situation like yours you might even want to consider moving out of PA. Florida is a place where you can be certain that grandpa couldn't even take you to court...let alone try to enforce any orders that came out of PA.

B

bradybunchmom

im sorry she had to go thru this

that happened to my daughter sarah, too. her grandfather not only molested her, but her older half sister as well. he had to go thru sex offender treatment, was placed on 5 yrs probation, and is only allowed superivsed visits with his grandkids. hes not allowed to be alone with any of them for any reason.im sorry that happened to yuor daughter,hopefully counseling will help her get thru this. good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">