• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intoxication Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adrianr78404

What is the name of your state?
Texas

Allright, here is the deal, I was at a club Saturday night. I came out with a bunch of friends. Cop pulls me over as soon as i walk out the door with my friends. Tells me "come here, have you been drinking" I didn't lie, I said yes. (To me, I was not intoxiacted. I had no drink in the club, a couple of beers before the club around 8'ish.) Anways, he asked if I was under 21, I said yes, IM 20. He immediatly hand cuffed me and took me to a holding center.Released after 4 hours of being held, at 6:45 in the morning. They gave me a "PR Bond" and a yellow 81/2"X11" paper saying I was CHARGED with PUBLIC INTOXICATION.
No test was given to me. DId I need one to be charged. I have to appear in court April 1, and give my plea. Is this an actual arrest, that I have to put on applications...Im under 21, shouldnt I have gottan an MIP citation? What are the fines in Texas for PI Charges.If I ask the judge to see a sobriety test to see if I was "intoxicated" what will happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">