• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

baby mama drama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lisha.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois. I was just wondering would I have to pay for my husbands child support if he's not working? Can his baby mama actually take my money, because what's his is mine and mine is his as she puts it?

Lisha. said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois. I was just wondering would I have to pay for my husbands child support if he's not working? Can his baby mama actually take my money, because what's his is mine and mine is his as she puts it?
The only way she can get your money is, if your husband doesn't pay his child support, and he winds up in jail. In that case if you would like him in your bed at night and not sleeping with buba.... you will have to use your money to bail him out...... :D

Grace_Adler

From what I've read in your state, they could possibly look at your income if a request is made to deviate from the state child support guidelines but it is not usually required in establishing or modifying an order. They can't order you to pay it though, as far as I know, they can only look at your income to determine what he should pay if the request to deviate is made. However, there has to be a really good reason to do so.

nextwife

And keep your assets seperate. Have your income go into your account. If you have a house you owned, don't add his name to it, and so on.

Woman SHOULD mantain their own savings, credit and retirement, etc, anyway, CS or not.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Until he gets a modification (which he may or may not get, depending on the circumstances of his unemployment), he is obligated to continue paying the ordered amount - the court doesn't care where it comes from.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">