• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

re: Waiver of mortage contingency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

93960ny

re: Waiver of mortage contingency

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY
I am purchasing a home for the first time - a co-op in Westchester, NY. I am being told that it is standard to make a down payment at contract signing as well as to WAIVE the mortgage contingency. In other words, if for some reason I fail to obtain the mortage, I lose my down payment unless I come up with the cash for the entire agreed-upon purchase price.
Is this considered standard? Do I have any recourse if I fail to qualify for a mortgage as a result of the financial condition of the coop, and not as a result of my own credit status? Would I be able to add such a clause in the contract? If the mortgage lender does not provide me with a loan, are they required to specify the reasons for their denial? (lots of questions)

Thank you.

HomeGuru

93960ny said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY
I am purchasing a home for the first time - a co-op in Westchester, NY.

**A: so where is your Realtor or RE attorney?
I am being told that it is standard to make a down payment at contract signing as well as to WAIVE the mortgage contingency. In other words, if for some reason I fail to obtain the mortage, I lose my down payment unless I come up with the cash for the entire agreed-upon purchase price.

**A: who is telling you that? Do they have idiot stamped on their forehead?
Is this considered standard? Do I have any recourse if I fail to qualify for a mortgage as a result of the financial condition of the coop, and not as a result of my own credit status? Would I be able to add such a clause in the contract? If the mortgage lender does not provide me with a loan, are they required to specify the reasons for their denial? (lots of questions)

Thank you.

**A: see above.

HomeGuru

You Are Guilty said:
LOL. That's a new one. I would consider finding a non-retarded relator. And check your wallet after each meeting with him/her.
**A: what's a relator? And any relation to a predator?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">