• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lot line's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Radhog

I live in Northern Illinois. I have a extra lot next to my house that I own. I bought the home and lot 4 yrs ago. I had a chain link fence up and took it down, with the neighbors hooked to it, with them knowing that I had a few feet on there side that was mine. Well they are moving now and shes being a pain in the butt. So I hired a land surveyor to locate my pins. He couldnt find mine but he found plenty elsewhere and he used his high tech equipment, and computer and found my lines. I have like 4-5 feet more than expected. They put new pins in the ground and are going to provide me a drawing showing the neighbors deck and other pieces of fence like 4 feet on my land. I want my land back. Do I need to give them a certain amount of time to fix the situation or can I expect it NOW? This neighbor is nothing but a pain in the butt so im done being the nice guy. Just want to know what I can do and how to do it? Thanks

Shel77

I would ask them to get their fence and deck off of your property in a reasoniable amount of time it sounds like what they have on your property would take a weekend or two to move so thats what I would expect,
3 weeks at the very most.

ms.magoo

I have to agree with Shel77 on his answer to you. But to make it stick even harder, send them a registered letter telling them this is what you want done. Re:remove all encroachments within a certain reseasonable amount of time. If they want to ignore your letter, then I would think it would be a good time to get yourself a lawyer and start playing hardball with them then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">