• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ssi Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

Let's keep your threat together in one post , this one , Ok ?

referenced from :

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=233417

If I'm right you worded your question wrong .

Let's see if I'm correct .

You are receiving SSI disability Payments .

You want your girlfriend to be your Payee , but SSI said NO .

There could be a number of reasons SSI denied your request . Did they give a reason ?

Generally , SSI does not like to appoint persons that " Might Not " be around long as the payee . If the Girlfriend/boyfriend were to end their relationship and the BF/GF tells SSI they no longer want to be payee , it could take up to 6 months to re-establish an Agency as the payee , and in the meantime have to send payments directly to the recipient , who obviously can't handle financial matters .

The recipient could then end up with no shelter,food, clothing ,etc , as SSI is intended to provide .

SSI will error on the side of caution .

Who is your Payee now ?

BL

#4 03-25-2005, 07:56 PM
katherine50
Junior Member Join Date: Mar 2005

Ssi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

undefinedIam On Ssi I Want To Be Apayee They Said That My Girlfriend Cant I Dont Understand Terry From Ny
I'm not sure what you don't understand . If you insist , ask SSI how to request a payee . Then if you don't agree with their decision , you can appeal , as per the letter they send you .

SSI is making sure your needs are being taken care of .

zippysgoddess

SSI is very cautious regarding payees, they figure a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship could result in a breakup, it is not a permanent thing.

My husband gets SSDI, he is the payee for our son, since the SSD is in his name, I am not allowed to be a payee, even though we are married and we all live together. They are very cautious and picky.

tigger22472

zippysgoddess said:
SSI is very cautious regarding payees, they figure a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship could result in a breakup, it is not a permanent thing.

My husband gets SSDI, he is the payee for our son, since the SSD is in his name, I am not allowed to be a payee, even though we are married and we all live together. They are very cautious and picky.

I'll give you a better one then that. My children were drawing off my husbands SSDI before he actually adopted them. Because I was their mother I became their payee. My husband can't even call and ask ANYTHING about payments or anything because I'm the payee, he will talk to them about his daughter but literally has to hand me the phone to have them talk to me about our boys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">