• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

damage from consented searchs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigd43606

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Last night my sibling was camping in the red river gorge geological area. we joined him and his friend after these events. They were cited by police for illegal parking (or somthing similar) and warned for underage consumption. The police showed up with multiple (two) canine units apparently the area we camped has been used by drug dealers(A legal place to camp though) They sent their dogs into the tents and searched my brother and his friends for what they said was guns and drugs. My brother was using my camping equipment, and the nails on the dog ripped my tent floor and punctured my air matress. I also have to get the sleeping bags dry cleaned due to an allergy to dogs. Can they do this and can I seek any compinsation for the damage. needless to say I am steamed, I don't mind them trying to crack down on drug crimes, but shuldn't they be liable for careless damage?

smutlydog

bigd43606 said:
I don't mind them trying to crack down on drug crimes, but shuldn't they be liable for careless damage?
Even if they didn't damage your property do you really believe what they did was right? Did they find any drug?
probably not

What is the point of sending our young to go and die in wars if people don't seem to care about individual liberties. In other countries people would do anything to get rights we have but people here are ready to volunteer all their rights way. The american votor has the "I don't mind" attitude.

By the way,
The cost of filing a claim (probably $200 or so) probably won't equal your damages.It's up to you if go through the hassle.As a matter of principle I think you should.

:p I am not a legal expert but I did manage to stay at a Holiday Inn Express once

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">