• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP What do they concider when modifing CS?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swanlorri

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My Husband got divorced from his ex wife over 11 years ago..his daughter was two...when the court order was placed both parents worked, he had very little time with his daughter due to her age and they also factored in day care expenses...now that the child is 13,,,what happens? The mother no longer works but is re married..he makes more money but gets his daughter 50% of the time..sometimes more..and there is no longer day care....He also now has my two children as dependants and of course a higher mortgage..he paid rent in the first round....Yes he makes more money now like anyone would after 11 years...but how will the courts look at the modified amount of payment with these other things factored in? Will it even change or would it possibly go down...He won't do it becasue he is afraid it will go up...but others have told us it would most likely go down. He current pays $700 a month plus all insurance expenses...
anyone know what "may" happen? I just feel it seems high compared to other poeple I know tha t make as much or even more than he does...and some even have two children and pay less?
Just wondering? I just want to show him the answer..
thanks

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unless he has adopted your children (and even then), they will not factor in to his support case. Nor will his mortgage. Or his car payment. Or pretty much anything except his income, and other support orders, and mandated deductions from his income. If his income has increased, it's likely support will also increase. His best bet would be to search online for a support calculator in your state and plug in the numbers. Depending on the state guidelines and how long it's been since Mom worked, her income may or may not come into play. If she's been unemployed for a short time and AZ uses a shared income model, he could ask that she be imputed an income, which might lower his contribution.

swanlorri

stealth2 said:
Unless he has adopted your children (and even then), they will not factor in to his support case. Nor will his mortgage. Or his car payment. Or pretty much anything except his income, and other support orders, and mandated deductions from his income. If his income has increased, it's likely support will also increase. His best bet would be to search online for a support calculator in your state and plug in the numbers. Depending on the state guidelines and how long it's been since Mom worked, her income may or may not come into play. If she's been unemployed for a short time and AZ uses a shared income model, he could ask that she be imputed an income, which might lower his contribution.
She can't hold a job and has not been working for well over 5 years...she just keeps getting new husbands to support her lifestyle...so none of those other things matter huh? So in all honesty, no matter waht if the man continues to make additional income through the years...and the child no longer needs day care and he NOW gets the child 50% of the times..he still would have to pay more? Doesn't seem fair now does it?
but thanks for your input!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
All of that depends almost entirely on what the guidelines say. His increased income may negate the lack of daycare. AZ guidelines may not take time with the NCP into account. That's why he needs to run the numbers to see if it's worthwhile.

swanlorri

Can You Direct Me To Where I Could Find A Free Calulator For Support Or Do I Have To Buy One? And If I Do,,where Can I Pick One Up...knowing Our Luck, Only Attorneys Have Them And Only They Can Calculate It Huh? I Hope Not But I Would Love To Run Numbers To See The Big ...."what If" Senario.
Thanks Again..i Just Get So Darn Mad At These Dumb Woman I Am Ashamed To Be One To Be Honest With You.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
swanlorri said:
Can You Direct Me To Where I Could Find A Free Calulator For Support Or Do I Have To Buy One? And If I Do,,where Can I Pick One Up...knowing Our Luck, Only Attorneys Have Them And Only They Can Calculate It Huh? I Hope Not But I Would Love To Run Numbers To See The Big ...."what If" Senario.
Thanks Again..i Just Get So Darn Mad At These Dumb Woman I Am Ashamed To Be One To Be Honest With You.
Google is your friend. ;)

swanlorri

thanks I've tried :( I guess AZ is a bit more "uppity" when it comes to giving out "free" help with forms..LOL! :)
but thank you anyway

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
swanlorri said:
thanks I've tried :( I guess AZ is a bit more "uppity" when it comes to giving out "free" help with forms..LOL! :)
but thank you anyway
Uuuuh, no. I wouldn't have suggested Google if it didn't pop right up. Search for Arizona "child support calculator" or similar. An AZ govt site with a calculator was right up at the top of the list.

swanlorri

ok I will..I may have put it in differently....but again thanks...I'm headed there right now. have a good day! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">