• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

11 year old's rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JBracy

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania. My 11 year old son wants my husband to adopt him. He has visitation with his bio. father, but still desperately wants to be adopted. At what age in PA can my son pursue this on his own and win? Is he old enough now, or should he wait unit he is 12 or 13 or older.

BelizeBreeze

JBracy said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania. My 11 year old son wants my husband to adopt him. He has visitation with his bio. father, but still desperately wants to be adopted. At what age in PA can my son pursue this on his own and win? Is he old enough now, or should he wait unit he is 12 or 13 or older.
18 PERIOD!

nextwife

Children do not get to decide they want different parents. If biodad agrees, or the court feels there is sufficient cause to terminate biodad's legal rights, THEN your hubby can adopt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">