• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bankcard

What is the name of your state?OR
i'm an independent contractor in the bankcard industry. After working for a company for a period of about 1 yr, felt the need to change companies but still in the same industry. Talked to sales manager and was told that i had a non-compete for 4yrs, but said it was okay if i wanted to seek work elsewhere, that no where else would i give me an opportunity due to not enough experience. Now that i have and doing better, all of a sudden i get harass and threats of legal action. They have also stop paying me for residuals i have earned.

I've ask for the signed contract i signed with them, but haven't gotten one. I have a copy of a blank one but what if changes were made, how do i know if this is what i signed?

I was also told by other independent reps that Oregon law say you can't stop someone from earning a living.

What are my options? Any advice would be great, thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one here can judge the enforceability of a document they have not read. I very much doubt that the law forbids an employer from establishing ANY kind of non-compete. You are going to have to show the contract (the copy you have, if that's all you've got) to a local attorney. If they made changes after you signed it, it's unlikely they would be valid.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Oh CBQ
Oh CBQ
Oh CBQ Baby I love you
CBQ

I like the way you walk
I like the way you talk
I like the way you walk I like the way you talk
CBQ

(Guitar solo)

Oh say that you'll be true
Oh say that you'll be true
Oh say that you'll be true and never leave me blue
CBQ

Oh say that you'll be mine
Oh say that you'll be mine
Oh say that you'll be mine Baby all the time
CBQ

(Guitar solo)

Oh, CBQ
Oh, CBQ
Oh, CBQ, Baby, I love you
CBQ

I like the way you walk
I like the way you talk
I like the way you walk, I like the way you talk
CBQ

Oh, CBQ
Oh, CBQ
Oh, CBQ, Baby, I love you
CBQ

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cbg said:
Nice to see you back, IAAL. :) :) :)

My response:

Thanks, baby!!

But, I'm still in trial, waiting for the jury to come back with their verdict. I can only hope they'll have a decision on Monday. I'm getting tired of going back and forth to court, and babysitting my clients. Enough, already! Just give my clients the One Million Dollars, and we'll call it a day . . .

(oh, of course, the obligatory) God damn it!

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Any time I move across country or you practice in Massachusetts, I'm your girl!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">