• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misled, quit job to start new

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ne a mc

COLORADO,Misled, quit job to start new,now unemployed

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I had been discussung a forman position for 1 week with a erosion control co. I had an interview. They called me back to get a feel of what it would take for a salery and when i could start. we agreed on 40k + bonuses =ben. seven days later i got a call back stating "Can you start monday the 28th" I said yes. he then stated i would be at 37k + 5% bonus + ben. I accepted. He said great you can start monday at 7am. I had let my employer know at the time i was looking at the oppertunity and he hiered 2 new people. The next day from when my so called new employer gave me the job. He called me to say i'm offering you a lessesr position with alot less pay. I declined. What do I do He misled me And i left my stable job to work for him. :eek: :mad: :confused:

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The FIRST thing you do is contact your former employer and ask if they've filled your job yet.

You MIGHT have a case for detrimental reliance but that will depend on both your state law and the reasons why he found it necessary to change the terms of the position he was offering you. Consult local counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">