• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me with property tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelpinMPLS

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Could you please help me with the property tax matter?

I live in a house that our parents bought for me for two years. The house title and its mortgage have our parents' name and my name (2nd home for my parents.)

My parents have their own home (1st home).

Every year, my parents take care of the taxes and claim the mortgage of the second home and give me the refund. Their 1st home mortgage was paid for a while ago. They have never file the property tax form for either the 1st or 2nd home.

My question is:
1. Can I file the property tax form of the second home since I have my name in the home mortgage and the title of the house?
2. Can my parent file the property tax form of their 1st home?

Thank you in advance,

Snipes5

Your parents should claim both, since they are both on the documentation, and are the ones paying the bills.

Snipes

needhelpinMPLS

Thank you but please explain...

Thank you for your quick reply. I pay for the monthly mortgage and my parents want me to file the property tax if I am eligible to do so. That’s why I posted the first thread.

Please let me know if I am eligible to file the property tax form since my parents have claimed the 2nd house in their tax form for two years.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">