• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

military question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knight7474

What is the name of your state? Florida
Court order in Florida, dad in Iowa. Order states dad pays 138.46 weekly payroll deducted. Last check received was for the week January 7 until this week when I received one check. This makes Dad behind at least 9 weeks. He says is was in Texas for military school because he is in the national guard (which I was unaware of).

My question is, do employers generally pay employees while they are away on military functions? I spoke with him about three weeks ago and he said that he had just got back from texas and he filed some kind of papers with his employer and now he will get paid for the time away. Which means I should also get paid. So far I have only received the one check. I think he may be saying this to keep me from filing contempt.

Any national guard people out there?

It varies greatly between companies about military leave. Some pay their employees for all the time they are gone, some pay up to a limit. All they are required to do by law is hold the job for them. However, even if not paid by his company, your child's father was drawing active duty pay & allowances while attending a military school full-time and can pay CS from that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">