• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need answers...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momof2angels*

I live in Texas and I have a 15 year old daughter whom has a father that has never paid child support and I need to know what steps to take to get a child support order put against him...We were never married and no agreements were ever made,he is on the birth certificate and I have never kept him from seeing his daughter but I think it is time that he should have to help support her,it is too hard for me to do it by myself....I don't have the money to get an attorney so I need to know what my options are and what I can do.....Anyone with answers to my questions would be very appreciated...

Angel :)

Gracie3787

The easiest thing to do is to go to your local courthouse and ask the court clerk if they have a packet of forms for filing for paternity and support. Alot of courts have packets already made up, if yours doesn't then you will need to check on line or at your local law library (usually located in the courthouse).

ejmmolina

In texas the attorney general will do it for free. They are a little slow it took us six months but we didnt not know where birth mother was. So it may take less time. Go to the texas attorney general web site. Not sure what the address is (just type it in a search.) Each town or county has a local office and you can file papers there. Hope this helps

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">