• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support modification NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gering

What is the name of your state? NY
At the time my child support was determined I was making 50k. I now make half that amount and the support remains the same. My divorce judgement and modification papers all state that the support amount can not be altered before a period of 2 years. I can not afford the $1200 a month for one child. What can I do? I don't think that they will honor my modification papers until the 2 years are up. I have already been denied and it has been a little over a year. Should I file another modification order? I can't go on like this for another year. Please help.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well..... why did your income decrease? Usually the time limit is barring a change of circumstance, but it seems you've already tried and been denied.

mike2000

gering said:
What is the name of your state? NY
At the time my child support was determined I was making 50k. I now make half that amount and the support remains the same. My divorce judgement and modification papers all state that the support amount can not be altered before a period of 2 years. I can not afford the $1200 a month for one child. What can I do? I don't think that they will honor my modification papers until the 2 years are up. I have already been denied and it has been a little over a year. Should I file another modification order? I can't go on like this for another year. Please help.
check this web site out http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">