• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My neighbor is raping my hedge!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

friendsofgreg

What is the name of your state? FL.

I have a 40 ft. tall hedge which for the past 20 yrs. I have maintained both sides of my hedge...My fav. neighbor sold his house...New neighbors now>>>The first year I paid for yard guy to prune both sides and top of hedge and remove cuttings...The new neighbor P&Med about clippings left on his side...No prob I went right over and picked them up ...After shaking hedge I had about 1/2 can worth LOL ....
He has since told me he would prune his side of my hedge...
Not wanting to argue I said nothing... He has raped that side of hedge taking out old growth diameter wood till that side of hedge is straight up ...My side is over grown because if I prune mine I will be in a fishbowl!

Well yesterday I did prune my side myself! OMG! He has left us all exposed! Then to make matters worse he bought a big sailboat and parked it against my hedge using my violated hedge as a tie down for his tarp on his Sailboat! He has the spar up and shrouds are constantly banging in the breeze... Also when he goes on the boat has a direct shot into my bathroom! I saw him there yesterday as I was coming outa the shower, ugh he saw me too, naked!

What if anything can I do about this neighbor from hades! He is killing my hedge with his hedge trimmers and shading it from light with his boat! And invading my privacy! Help!

Shel77

You say YOUR hedge is any portion of this hedge on his property? If not he is not allowed to touch it since its your property (the hedge) located on your property. If this is entirly on your property then you need to send him a certified letter stating just that and that you want him to remove the boat chains and not to prune your hedge again. If its partialy on his side I am not certian as to what you can do.

S

seniorjudge

friendsofgreg said:
What is the name of your state? FL.

I have a 40 ft. tall hedge which for the past 20 yrs. I have maintained both sides of my hedge...My fav. neighbor sold his house...New neighbors now>>>The first year I paid for yard guy to prune both sides and top of hedge and remove cuttings...The new neighbor P&Med about clippings left on his side...No prob I went right over and picked them up ...After shaking hedge I had about 1/2 can worth LOL ....
He has since told me he would prune his side of my hedge...
Not wanting to argue I said nothing... He has raped that side of hedge taking out old growth diameter wood till that side of hedge is straight up ...My side is over grown because if I prune mine I will be in a fishbowl!

Well yesterday I did prune my side myself! OMG! He has left us all exposed! Then to make matters worse he bought a big sailboat and parked it against my hedge using my violated hedge as a tie down for his tarp on his Sailboat! He has the spar up and shrouds are constantly banging in the breeze... Also when he goes on the boat has a direct shot into my bathroom! I saw him there yesterday as I was coming outa the shower, ugh he saw me too, naked!

What if anything can I do about this neighbor from hades! He is killing my hedge with his hedge trimmers and shading it from light with his boat! And invading my privacy! Help!

Where does your survey show your line to be?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">