• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Guardian Grandparents/name change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohma

What is the name of your state? Nevada
Grampa and I are legal guardians of our almost 3 year old grandson, whom we have cared for since he was one and have had guardianship for almost 1 year. The father and my daughter have never divorced (good plan,huh) and we don't know where the father is....his last contact was 1 year ago. We want to change the little guy's last name to ours, as we will be raising him, also we want information on terminating the parental rights of the father. Mom is still in almost daily contact although she lives in a different state. Any advice is appreciated

Last edited:

BL

Ohma said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada
Grampa and I are legal guardians of our almost 3 year old grandson, whom we have cared for since he was one and have had guardianship for almost 1 year. The father and my daughter have never divorced (good plan,huh) and we don't know where the father is....his last contact was 1 year ago. We want to change the little guy's last name to ours, as we will be raising him, also we want information on terminating the parental rights of the father. Mom is still in almost daily contact although she lives in a different state. Any advice is appreciated
Who's Last name are you wanting to name the child, the mother's maiden last ?

Don't matter , you only have guardianship . Neither Parents parental rights are effected by it . The still retain those rights .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">