• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure whats going to happen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jasmineorchid

I am from maine..not sure if im posting in the right place but I was wondering if I could get any advice and any ideas of how this might unfold.
There is a man at my work place who was giving me unwanted attention. Such as starring at me, calling me names, blocking my way in the halls petty stuff. I filed a complaint at work. a week later he was suspened for a different reason. This man apparently has a past of mental instability. hospitalizations..meds ect. He got it in his head I was the reason for his suspention and along with his wife leaving him so he decided to drink while on anti psychotics he came into my work place and attackecd me in one of the rooms i was making beds (housekeeping) he was charging at my with a fist so i punched him hoping i had stunned him and turned my back to leave when i felt something hard hit me in the back of the head at the base of my scull i blacked out and came out of it and another houseman was beating the psycho who attaked me. the cops were called and he was taken to a hospital lateer to be arrested i guess.
what i want to know is what will happen.
I dont live with my mother and i think the police are going to try to contact her to see if she wants to press charges. I know shes not going to press charges.
Will the state still press charges against him cause im only 17?
Will i have to go to court you think?
What kinda charges will be brought against him?
and can he make bail soon?
I would rather just see this all go away. I dont wanna talk to anymore cops ...or go to court or anything. what do you all think will happen?

smutlydog

jasmineorchid said:
I am from maine..not sure if im posting in the right place but I was wondering if I could get any advice and any ideas of how this might unfold.
There is a man at my work place who was giving me unwanted attention. Such as starring at me, calling me names, blocking my way in the halls petty stuff. I filed a complaint at work. a week later he was suspened for a different reason. This man apparently has a past of mental instability. hospitalizations..meds ect. He got it in his head I was the reason for his suspention and along with his wife leaving him so he decided to drink while on anti psychotics he came into my work place and attackecd me in one of the rooms i was making beds (housekeeping) he was charging at my with a fist so i punched him hoping i had stunned him and turned my back to leave when i felt something hard hit me in the back of the head at the base of my scull i blacked out and came out of it and another houseman was beating the psycho who attaked me. the cops were called and he was taken to a hospital lateer to be arrested i guess.
what i want to know is what will happen.
I dont live with my mother and i think the police are going to try to contact her to see if she wants to press charges. I know shes not going to press charges.
Will the state still press charges against him cause im only 17?
Will i have to go to court you think?
What kinda charges will be brought against him?
and can he make bail soon?
I would rather just see this all go away. I dont wanna talk to anymore cops ...or go to court or anything. what do you all think will happen?

Q. Will i have to go to court you think?
it's highly unlikly since the evidence is overwelming.In this case you have 2 witnesses.Most cases like this are plea bargained out which means their is no trial. If it goes to trial the punishment will be much worse than if he takes the plea bargain offer.In other word their will be not trial unless their are facts to this case that you haven't disclosed.

:p I am not a legal expert but I did manage to stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

jasmineorchid

thankyou smutly
so in saying what you siad you think he will go to jail even though my mother wont press charges? I assumed the state will anyway?
do you think they will just lock him up in a psych ward because of his previous behaviour?

smutlydog

jasmineorchid said:
thankyou smutly
so in saying what you siad you think he will go to jail even though my mother wont press charges? I assumed the state will anyway?
do you think they will just lock him up in a psych ward because of his previous behaviour?
I am assuming you and the guy who saved you made statements to the police which implicates the suspect in a crime.Unless the guy pleads not guilty I think you and your mother are out of the picture.

It's possible that more statements are needed before the DA goes foward with the case but can't really say for sure.

Like I said before I am not a legal expert but do have some indirect experience with a similar situation.You should probably contact the DAs office for further advice.In a way the DA is your attorney in this situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">