• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Asso dues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SrgtsLady

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.- I am treasure of a condo in New Jersey and would like to know if you can with hold the condo asso dues and put it into escrow. Presently we have an owner who has put her unit up for sale and has not paid her dues which is currently being charged late fees every month per the by-laws,she states she is paying it to her lawyer who is putting it in escrow. I believe that is not legal and I am having a hard time trying to take her to court since I live in North Carolina and I would need her ok to postponed the court until I arrive up in NJ for the summer. We are only 6 units and don't have that kind of money to hire a lawyer to fight for us. Incidently she is a lawyer herself. Thank you

HomeGuru

SrgtsLady said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey.- I am treasure of a condo in New Jersey and would like to know if you can with hold the condo asso dues and put it into escrow. Presently we have an owner who has put her unit up for sale and has not paid her dues which is currently being charged late fees every month per the by-laws,she states she is paying it to her lawyer who is putting it in escrow. I believe that is not legal and I am having a hard time trying to take her to court since I live in North Carolina and I would need her ok to postponed the court until I arrive up in NJ for the summer. We are only 6 units and don't have that kind of money to hire a lawyer to fight for us. Incidently she is a lawyer herself. Thank you
**A: fist off, YOU do not take her to court, the HOA does. So why hasn't the HOA hired an attorney to litigate this matter following the proper procedures?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">