• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

upset

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

concrndgrndma

What is the name of your state? minnesota

i am concerned for my grandchildrens well being,my daughter does not take good care of them, she has three children, ages 6, 2, and 1. she has the 6 year old watch the other two so she can sleep all day and she does not keep the house clean for they have two dogs and they do there business all over the house. now this is all hear say and i do not have actual proof, but what i do have is that she got caught stealing and she gave me temporary costudy of the kids, i had them for 5 months then she came one day and took them back, taking her 6 year old out of school in the middle of the year and bringing her back to oklahoma. this poor kid is behind in her age for education because she has been moved around so much in her life, in one year she was in four different schools. now the question i have is there anything i can do to get costudy of these kids?
i live in minnesota and she lives in oklahoma

BelizeBreeze

if you are asking if there is anything legally you can do, not unless the mother AND father of the children have their rights terminated. Then you have as much right to adopt as anyone else.

But then, if you're that concerned, why haven't you contacted the father?

concrndgrndma

the one father is trying to fight for costudy of the oldest and the father to the second is no where to be found and the third childs father is who she is with now and he is just as bad

Cairn6

I am sorry.

I have no legal expertise just wanted to tell you that I feel for you. It stinks that the courts only care about the rights of the parents but don't really care about the rights of children. Anyone with a half a brain could see they are better off with you. I know you came her for legal advice but also probably for a little bit of compassion. There are lots of us out here going through the same crap with irresponsible children. Hang in there it's a tough road the kids will remember one day how much you cared and that the courts are the ones that prevented you from giving them a stable life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">