• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boundary Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emberisha

What is the name of your state? Ohio
We have lived in our house for two years. Our property is split by a road, front of propery is on a lake. New neighbors 3 months ago. They had a survey done today and told my husband to move our van(which is not currently running) or they will have it towed. Do they have to give us some time or something in writing. I have not seen the survey. They have not spoken to me (I am the home owner). My hudband and I are to be leaving tomorrow AM on a business trip and won't be back till Thursday. Can they tow the van. Also, the neighor parked his car in front on the van. He claims it is his property.
We have lived there two years and have used this property. The owner before used and took care of the property. He is claiming we are about 10 feet onto his property. Please help!
Thanks...Ellen

Happy Trails

emberisha said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
We have lived in our house for two years. Our property is split by a road, front of propery is on a lake. New neighbors 3 months ago. They had a survey done today and told my husband to move our van(which is not currently running) or they will have it towed. Do they have to give us some time or something in writing. I have not seen the survey. They have not spoken to me (I am the home owner). My hudband and I are to be leaving tomorrow AM on a business trip and won't be back till Thursday. Can they tow the van. Also, the neighor parked his car in front on the van. He claims it is his property.
We have lived there two years and have used this property. The owner before used and took care of the property. He is claiming we are about 10 feet onto his property. Please help!
Thanks...Ellen
If you are on their property, and by your post it appears you are, you have to move your van.

nextwife

Good grief. How much time does one need to arrange to have a vehicle towed? I call AAA in the morning (say my car battery is frozen overnight) and within about two hours, it's done. Certainly 24 hours is not a big deal. Why can't you get some disabled van towed onto your property from theirs within a day at most?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">