• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reduction in child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

howard cohen

undefined[/FONT New Jersey. I have been paying 1200 a mth and now I have a full time job that pays me 800/wk. How much, if any, will my child support be reduced?

howard cohen said:
undefined[/FONT New Jersey. I have been paying 1200 a mth and now I have a full time job that pays me 800/wk. How much, if any, will my child support be reduced?

first of all.......what happened to the old job? did you quit? get fired? believe it or not it makes a big difference! if you were laid off with no fault of your own you may be able to have your c/s reduced. If you were laid off, but are working another job that a judge feels is less than your ability, it may still not reduce your c/s obligation.

LdiJ

It also matters how many children are involved. 800 a week is just under 3500.00 a month. If you are talking about 3 or more kids it might not reduce much at all.....if you are talking about one or two it might be a significant reduction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">